In this session Matt and his colleagues pointed out both SEO and non SEO tips related to online marketing.
- Google give less preference to the content in meta tags
- Keyword density of the page is very important
- Google like genuine content
- Use Google webmaster central tools to see how google sees your site and for many more other features
- How to optimize a photo blog for search engines and the importance of user generated content
- SEO knowledge for copy writers
- Be aware of hackers
- Be aware of SEO companies and web development companies, they might not be telling the truth always
- Order the items in your layout according to level of importance/relevance to the visitor
- A personal blog and a corporate blog are always two things
- SEM should be backed up by other means of online marketing like press releases, affiliate, spam and etc.
- Consider cross browser compatibility and compatibility for different screen sizes of your design
And oh the 1 hour long video...Enjoy!
Click here to view the original post by Matt Cutts